Holiday Let Terms and Conditions
Moraira & Javea Villa Rentals
- An initial payment of 35% is payable once your booking has been confirmed with the balance due eight weeks before the start date or immediately if sooner. Access to the property will not be permitted if payment has not been made in full. The initial deposit is held by ourselves until the balance of payment is made. If the holiday is cancelled for whatever reason by the owner, the initial payment will be refunded to you. If the holiday is cancelled by the guest, the payment is retained. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR CURRENT COVID CANCELLATION TERMS WHERE APPLICABLE.
- Photocopy of Passports – In line with Spanish law we require a colour photocopy of all passports from everyone staying at the villa.
- Breakages, Loss and Damage – A non-refundable charge of €10 per person (except infants under 12 months) will be added to the total cost of your holiday. This is to cover accidental damage that may occur in your villa during your holiday, up to the value of €300. Please note that wilful and negligent behaviour is not covered by this charge, and should this occur you may be asked to cover the cost of damage locally or you will be billed for the recovery of this.
- All bookings will incur a final clean and linen supplement which you will be quoted for. Cots and Highchairs can be supplied at a charge of €20 each per week, as well as folding beds at €50 each per week.
- Interim cleans can also be arranged at an extra cost.
- Cancellation of the booking prior to the final payment will result in the initial payment being retained. Cancellation after the full payment has been made will result in the full payment being retained. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR CURRENT COVID CANCELLATION TERMS WHERE APPLICABLE.
- The owners and ourselves will not accept liability for personal injury, death, loss, theft or damage during your say. It is important that you pay attention to your personal safety and in particular to that of your children. You must have your own personal holiday insurance to cover you against cancellation costs, losses, accidents, private medical treatment and accidental damage to the owner’s property.
- We will take any complaints into consideration but ultimately this is a matter between the tenant and owner. If you have cause for complaint whilst on holiday, this must be brought to the attention of a representative/local agent immediately or failing that discussed with our office (via phone or email) so that action can be taken to rectify the problem. Any claims received from guests who have not made us aware of their issues / complaint during their stay will not be eligible for possible compensation as you have not given us reasonable opportunity to verify or resolve your complaint/ issue. Any complaints/issues which are resolved are obviously not eligible for possible compensation. The properties are people´s homes and there may be problems from time to time like in any home.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, occasionally it may be necessary to make changes to holiday arrangements. In this unlikely event, we will inform you as soon as possible and if the accommodation becomes unavailable, alternative accommodation will be offered where possible or a full refund will be paid.
- The accommodation will be reserved for the number of people stated on the booking form only.
- Reasonable electricity usage is included in the rental price (unless otherwise stated). Excessive electricity usage (e.g. leaving on air conditioning whilst out) maybe charged. Electricity meter readings will been taken before and after your stay, please ensure air conditioning units are used responsibly and all doors and windows kept shut while using the units and it is all turned off when you are out.
- On your day of departure you must vacate the property no later than 10am to allow time to prepare for the new arrivals. Our representative will make an inspection of the house to confirm the inventory and that everything is in order. To facilitate this procedure you are requested to leave the property clean and tidy, the crockery and cutlery cleaned and stored in the appropriate cupboards, the cooker clean and the rubbish cleared and placed in one of the green roadside bins. There will be an extra charge if these procedures are not followed and/or additional work and cleaning is required.
- For arrivals after 22:00pm there will be an extra charge of €25 for the meet and greet service.
- Photos and inventories are taken before and after your stay, in the case of breakages (which do occur) please let the MJV office know as soon as possible.
- There is a brochure in every villa – it is very important you see and read this on your arrival – it contains important information to help you have a comfortable stress free holiday.
- Force Majeure:
In relation to our booking Terms & Conditions, “force majeure” refers any event which neither Moraira and Javea Villas or the property owner, could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control. We cannot accept liability or pay any compensation or refunds as a result of force majeure.
Please note – in villas with Wifi/internet connections the speeds may be slow or very slow in some areas especially in the peak season.
Electricity and water supply in Spain can be different from what you are used to. The authorities may simply turn the supply off from time to time without warning and it simply comes back on when they have finished. Alternatively, the electricity may have tripped inside the property only in which case we recommend checking the electricity box as you would in your own home to see if any of the switches have tripped. If the problem persists, please contact your agent and keep fridge/freezer doors closed until the problem is rectified.
Building works around the property can commence at any time. Although not common, if we are aware of building works prior to the booking stage, we will of course let you know. Please note that we take no responsibility for such work, are not able to stop such work taking place or control the noise level. We cannot be responsible for any building works that start during a holiday and under no circumstances will we pay any compensation at all in such cases. This work may start early in the morning as is standard local practice and can start at any time in the year without prior notice.
Spain still has a low crime rate, however it would be as well to take a few simple precautions. Keep your valuables in a safe place, preferably on you, and keep your credit cards and cheques separately. Please also make sure that you keep the villa completely locked when you are out, and use all security features available.